The key responsibilities for this position is the ongoing technical development of our platform to support our continued growth.
You'll be working on a well crafted and intelligently designed project. Our core system is built with Django and we use React Native for our two mobile apps.
Your role will include;
- Refining and improving existing platform features
- Improving our use of data to monitor and drive performance
- Managing the development of new features or initiatives
The type of projects you could be working on in your first 6 months could include;
- Re-factoring our time slot logic to enable us to suggest eco-friendly slots to our customers when we are delivering nearby
- Improving our logistics routing solution for the drivers to improve their efficiency
- Integrate with pusher to reduce our reliance on the more expensive sms service
- Re-work our ranking algorithm that allocates customers to cleaner based on their performance
- Automating manual workflows to reduce the pressure on our customer care team and allow them to focus on helping our customers
Our approach to Technology
Being efficient isn't enough. We are thoughtful and considered about where we focus our effort. We believe what you don't build is critical and we think deeply about what work is really important to the business. We take time to make sure we really understand the problems before we design solutions and we our flexible in our technology choices to ensure we use the best tools for the job.
We have built a well crafted product, with clean well tested code. Our platform is robust, performs well and has very little in the way of bugs. We've always tried to find a pragmatic balance between building features quickly that solve the current problem and building solutions that could be easily adapted for future problems.
Although the platform is relatively mature there is still an opportunity for new members of the team to come in and help to shape and define our engineering culture and processes. We've operated leanly with a skeleton team as we've balanced the need to become profitable with our ambitious growth plans. Now we are profitable, building a small but high performance engineering team to help power our continued growth is a
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics;
- 3+ years industry experience
- Keen to learn and adopt the latest technologies
- Experience with Django/Python or React Native (both would be a bonus)
- Extremely well organised
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Interested and preferably experienced in working for a start-up
Join our company if you're keen to keep learning. Join if you think your career will progress because you’ll be given more responsibilities than elsewhere. Join because you can't face working on meaningless non-core code. Join because you like the culture and you think you’ll have fun. Join because in three year’s time when you look at this job and this company you’ll feel proud and it will be part of how you got where you were going. Join because as we grow our ability to reward you will grow and your income will grow with our success that you contributed to.
- Competitive salary (£50,000 - £70,000 per year)
- £1,500 laptop/software allowance to setup your environment
- Health and fitness subsidy
- Free laundry/dry cleaning/ironing
- £500 annual conference budget
- Share scheme